- Supporting local Tottenham and Wood Green businesses to grow
- OIF at a glance
- OIF in action
- Get in touch
- Looking to expand your business and operating in Tottenham or Wood Green?
- Or do you want to move your business here?
- Passionate about employing local people and providing them with first class training?
- Want support with business planning and with your loan application?
Then the Opportunity Investment Fund (OIF) could be the loan fund for you.
Haringey Council are ambitious about the future of our local economy. We want a good economy for Haringey which supports businesses to thrive and provides good work. An economy that promotes fairness and equality; supports business and enterprise resilience; contributes to environmental sustainability; and promotes positive health and well-being. We want to work with businesses that share the same goals and aspirations.
"The loan is the best way I’ve found of borrowing money. We’ve experienced things moving quite slowly through a conventional lender, and maybe they don’t quite understand the inner workings of a business, but Haringey Council was very receptive and flexible.”
Rob Burn, Producer/Director, Ten87 Studios
- Available for businesses operating in, or looking to relocate to, Wood Green and Tottenham including some industrial estates
- Loans available for small to medium-sized businesses (under 250 employees)
- Loans typically from £50,000 to £300,000
- Applications are welcomed from all business sectors
- Funds available for capital building works and refurbishment and/ or purchase of equipment, which leads to increased productivity, job growth and/or new workspace
- Attractive loan terms and interest rates
- Fixed monthly repayments
- Clear, straight-forward and fully supported application process
- Possible business rates relief of up to 30% for businesses that create or occupy new B1 office/workspace
- A full package of business support including specialist advice for expansion, help to find premises, relocation support, export guidance and help with recruitment (once loan application approved)
- Links with local schools and colleges, supply chain businesses and other opportunities to make a difference in the local community
The OIF has its roots in Tottenham and has benefited 20 businesses; 50% were new start-ups and 50% were led by Haringey residents.
- Roller Nation
- Five Miles
- Unit 58
- True Craft
- Electric Grubb
- The High Cross
- Pressure Drop
- Redemption Brewery
- The Albion Knitting Co
- Mill Co. Project
- Ten87 Studios
If you think your business could be a good fit for OIF, contact us now on OIF@haringey.gov.uk or call 020 8489 3314 to find out more and start your application.