Thank you to everyone who took part in the Broadwater Farm resident ballot. Residents have voted in support of proposals to transform the estate.
Residents have voted in support of proposals to transform Broadwater Farm
Residents of Broadwater Farm have overwhelmingly voted in favour of plans to transform their estate with almost 300 new, high quality council homes, safer streets and improved community facilities.
On a turnout of 55% of eligible voters, 85% backed the council to deliver the most comprehensive and far-reaching improvement programme in Broadwater Farm’s history.
Residents have voted ‘yes’ in the ballot. We will keep you updated every step of the way on next steps for the estate.
- Continue engaging with residents and supporting you to shape the development proposals, by keeping you up to date and listening to your feedback
- Continue to update residents on the proposals through the planning application process
- Work closely with the Broadwater Farm Residents Association and ITLA to ensure residents are kept up to date
- Speak to residents about the construction process and ensure this minimises disruption
- Continue to update you through a newsletter and on our website to make sure you are up to date on what is happening
- Provide dedicated rehousing support to residents of Stapleford North (flats 25-36, 61-72) throughout the moving process and beyond
- Around 294 brand new, high-quality council homes
- 100% council homes delivered directly by the council
- 30% of new homes will be larger family homes for Broadwater Farm families
- Priority for new council homes for all eligible Broadwater Farm secure tenants
- A new, modern health and wellbeing centre with other services to benefit residents’ health
- Council homes at council rents
- A new grocery store on your doorstep
- A safer neighbourhood
- Jobs and opportunities for local residents
- Affordable workspaces and community spaces for residents
- A new park and two new civic spaces
Civica Election Services were appointed as an independent body to organise and run the ballot. Civica Election Services have been managing ballots for organisations including the NHS, trade unions and other local authorities since 1988.
The ballot was a secret ballot run by Civica Election Services in line with the Mayor of London's guidelines.
If you would like to speak to Civica Election Services about the ballot, please call 020 8889 9203 or email email@example.com.
Voting packs were posted first class to all eligible residents. Residents could vote by post using pre-paid envelope provided, online through a secure website, or by telephone. All details on how to vote were found on the ballot paper.
The vote opened on 11 February 2022 and closed on 7 March 2022.
Residents that live in property on the Broadwater Farm estate or have been rehoused from Tangmere and Northolt, be aged 16 or over, and be one of the following:
- A social tenant (including those with secure, assured, flexible or introductory tenancies) named as a tenant on a tenancy agreement dated on or before February 2022.
- A resident leaseholder who has been living in their property as their only principal home for at least one year prior to February 2022 and are named on the lease or freehold title for their property.
- A resident whose principal home is on the estate and who has been on the Council’s housing register for at least one year prior to February 2022. This includes non-secure tenants in temporary accommodation.
The voting pack asked:
“Do you support the redevelopment proposals within the Broadwater Farm Estate as set out in the Landlord Offer?
Resident could vote yes or no.
Residents can contact the estate’s dedicated Independent Tenant and Leaseholder Advisor for impartial advice and support. Their contact details are BWF@newmanfrancis.org.
If you wish to talk to the council’s team, please email BWF@haringey.gov.uk or call Numan Hussain on 07976 070667 (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm).
If you have any questions relating to the ballot, please contact Civica Election Services on 020 8889 9203 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Broadwater Farm Landlord Offer (PDF, 2MB)
- Frequently Asked Questions (PDF, 261KB)
- Broadwater Farm Local Letting Plan (external link)
- Neighbourhood Moves Scheme
- Broadwater Farm Rehousing and Payments Policy