Transport for London (TfL) work on the A10 High Road between Bruce Grove and Forster Road to improve road safety, create more space for walking and a better town centre environment is now complete.
Public consultation on the plans was undertaken by TfL in 2016, the results of which can be viewed here (external link).
The improvements include:
- Widened footways to improve safety and convenience for pedestrians;
- De-cluttered pavements resurfaced with high quality materials;
- A resurfaced highway with distinctive imprinted surfaces to highlight pedestrian crossing points;
- Relocated signalised pedestrian crossing north of junction with St Loy’s Road to a more central location closer to Holcombe Road Market (opposite Lloyds Pharmacy)
- New Advanced Stop Lines to improve safety for cyclists
- Changes to the off-peak loading and unloading facilities on the High Road
- Changes to the bus stops and stopping arrangements for northbound bus services