Community Voting Day 2018
- What is the Community Voting Day?
- When are the Community Voting Days?
- Community group/project applications
- How to apply
- Supporting information
At the Community Voting Days, you the residents of the Northumberland Park and Broadwater Farm – will decide which projects receive funding to deliver activities, events and services in your area to directly benefit your community.
The Northumberland Community Voting Day took place on Saturday 9 June. For all the on-the-day action and pictures visit the dedicated Northumberland Park Community Voting Day web page.
Community Voting Days are great local events which place power into the hands of residents to choose which individual projects can receive funding of up to £5,000.
In a community version of ‘Dragon’s Den’ those projects which would like to receive funding will have a maximum of three minutes to present their project’s ideas to you and the ones you like best will receive the funding to aid your community.
This pot of money comes from Haringey Council, funded by money from the Ministry of Housing Communities and Local Government (external link) Estate Regeneration Fund in 2017. Out of this the council created a Community Fund which aims to help improve the lives of Northumberland Park and Broadwater Farn residents.
- When: Saturday, 30 June 2018 11am – 2pm
- Where:The Brook on Broadwaters, Adams Road, London N17 6HE
- Register: online (external link) or call 07855 071513
The Community Voting Day took place on Saturday 9 June. Thank you to everyone who took part. For all the on-the-day action and pictures visit the dedicated Northumberland Park Community Voting Day web page.
This year, the Community Fund covers both Northumberland Park and Broadwater Farm and offers grants from £500 to £5000.
We invite individuals and organisations to submit applications that;improve access to employment opportunities, to improve residents skills levels, to improve community safety and to empower residents to develop and deliver projects that they want to see on their estates.
You can apply if you are:
- A constituted group or organisation with a bank account and committed to working alongside residents from those estates
- An un-constituted group/organisation or a constituted group without a bank account, and committed to working alongside residents from those estates
- A resident /volunteer with a *sponsor organisation to support your application
You need to meet all the criteria (inlcuding due diligence requirements) and submit your application on time along with requested documents to be considered.
Only applicants who meet the requirements will be put forward for the Community Voting Day and local residents will make the final funding decision.
Download, complete and return your application together with supporting documents
Broadwater Farm - application deadline 5:30pm on 15 June 2018