- Improving Northumberland Park together
- Developing a Community Placemaking Plan
- Getting Involved
- Community Voices programme
Northumberland Park residents have told us they want more and better housing and good quality jobs. You want children and young people to feel safe on their local streets.
We have heard loud and clear that change is needed to create a healthier, happier, safer, and more connected community. You deserve neighbourhoods that meet your needs now and in the future. We want to make sure that any change in Northumberland Park builds on what already makes your local neighbourhoods great.
The key to this will be working with you to shape places that people want to live, work, play, and learn in, and neighbourhoods that are inclusive and benefit all local residents.
Together we can create great places in the Northumberland Park neighbourhood.
The Community Placemaking Plan sets out how we will work with you to deliver the improvements that you want to see. Working in partnership we can make a real difference to Northumberland Park.
We want to work with you to deliver the improvements that you want to see. We’ve summarised them under four main areas of change.
Providing the best housing services for you
You have told us that how your homes are managed and community safety are two of your top priorities.We will:
- Recruit a dedicated Housing team for Northumberland Park who will be your single point of contact for all repairs and community safety issues. They will work closely with other Council teams to ensure you receive a joined-up service, including regular walkabouts and drop-in surgeries.
- Work with you to improve local day to day housing services, including repairs, management, waste collection and cleaning.
- Collaborate with partners to respond to community safety issues affecting your neighbourhood, including regular Community Safety walkabouts with the Police and rolling out Estate Watch CCTV across the area.
Creating new and improved homes and public spaces for all
You have told us you would like to see more affordable housing in the area, and improved open space and communal areas. We will:
- Work with you to deliver neighbourhood improvements which celebrate your local area and test better ways of using existing spaces, such as community gardens, arts, lighting and play space.
- Improve access to nature new planting, street improvements and clear signposts along Park Lane to the Lee Valley Regional Park will make it easier and more pleasant to access nature and lead an active lifestyle.
- Work with you to respond to the individual opportunities of the different buildings, blocks and neighbourhoods which make up Northumberland Park and improve existing homes and communal areas so that you feel safe and proud to call the area home.
Improving access to community buildings and the services you need
You have told us there is a need for a community centre in the area where people from different backgrounds can meet and mix. We will:
- Work with you to improve the Neighbourhood Resource Centre and create a community hub where you can access community facilities and support services
- Collaborate with you and community partners to co-ordinate activity, networks and events such as community coffee mornings, and maximise the strengths and assets of your community.
- Coninue to provide drop-in local access to support and services at the Neighbourhood Resource Centre, including housing, mental health, and benefits advice.
Helping you reach your aspirations through opportunities, support and training
You have told us you would like improved access to jobs and training, particularly for young people. We will:
- Help you access new work opportunities alongside support and training to develop new skills. This includes a dedicated Employment Navigator for Northumberland Park who will support you through your employment journey and link you to opportunities available in Haringey.
- Deliver a range of initiatives for young people, engaging with them where they are comfortable, building their confidence and giving them the opportunity to understand their potential by providing them with options for their future.
- Provide targeted business support to help the local economy recover, grow and prosper.
Great places are created by the community and make people’s lives better. They are places where people belong, have fun and are healthy, happy and fulfilled.
We are committed to engaging you in decisions related to the design and management of the places and spaces where you live. You are the local experts and know more about Northumberland Park and its needs, and assets, than anyone else.
We will offer you a range of different ways to work alongside us to ensure your neighbourhoods meet your needs now and in the future, including:
- Regular pop-up events
- Drop-in sessions at the Neighbourhood Resource Centre
- Online surveys
- Having a chat on your doorstep
- And much more...
Look out for regular communications from us on how you can access the team and services on offer.
We are looking for some dedicated Northumberland Park residents to represent their area as neighbourhood champions. Through the Community Voices programme you will act as local experts, informing the design and decision-making process.
Please contact NPcommunity@haringey.gov.uk or call Sarah on 07967 442513 to find out more about how you can get involved in delivering change to Northumberland Park.
- Download the Northumberland Park Community Placemaking Plan (PDF, 541KB) or pick up a copy from the NRC reception at 177 Park Lane.