Work has been completed on Markfield Road.
Improvement measures have been designed to benefit all road users – including pedestrians
What changes have we made?
- Introduced a cycle lane on the west side of Markfield Road
- Repaved and widened the pedestrian footpath
- Resurfaced the road
- Re-painted the yellow lines and road markings
- Planted of trees along the eastern side of Markfield Road
- Replaced the street lighting so that it is brighter and more energy efficient
- Introduced drainage solutions to reduce flooding
Why have we made these changes to Markfield Road?
- To improve safety
- To create a more welcoming environment