world class transport
As the first London interchange for passengers arriving from Stansted Airport and with increased services to Stratford City, Tottenham Hale is undergoing a transport revolution – with millions of pounds being invested in a new Tube, rail and bus station, road network improvements and public realm works.
Tottenham Hale Station
Work has started to upgrade both Tottenham Hale Station. Plans include a new landmark station entrance at Tottenham Hale and significant upgrades to the West Anglia mainline services.
Haringey Council, the Mayor of London, Network Rail, Transport for London and Greater Anglia are working closely together to deliver the improvements.
By the end of 2019 upgrades will be complete and you will enjoy a vastly improved travel experience at the station. Improvements include:
- A new landmark entrance to the station
- Bigger station concourse to reduce crowding and queuing
- Additional platform to accommodate the extra number of passengers using the station
- A new third railway track between Stratford and Angel Road/Meridian Water to enable extra train services and improve reliability
- New lifts, escalators and steps
- New station shops
Tottenham Hale Bus Station
As part of its work in Tottenham Hale, Argent Related has undertaken to design and deliver a realigned bus station. This is an essential first step in developing the centre of Tottenham Hale. The work has started and will finish is 2020.
The changes will:
- Restructure the existing bus station alignment which will enable buses to enter and exit on both the north and south ends of the bus station, reducing the overall journey time for the majority of the buses servicing Tottenham Hale
- Introduce a new entrance and signalised junction to the north of the bus station by Watermead Way
- Reduce the overall footprint of the bus station which provides increased space for the new public realm
For full information visit talktottenhamhale.co.uk (external link)
Transport for London is currently putting together plans to further improve the transport network across London and the wider South East – Crossrail 2.
The proposed railway would run from North East London to South West London and Tottenham Hale is one of the locations being considered for a Crossrail 2 station. To find out more about Crossrail 2 visit the Crossrail 2 website (external link).