AN INTERNATIONAL TRANSPORT HUB
As the first London interchange for passengers arriving from Stansted Airport and with increased services to Stratford City, Tottenham Hale is undergoing a transport revolution – with millions of pounds being invested in a new Tube, rail and bus station, road network improvements and public realm works.
Tottenham Hale Station
Work has started to upgrade both Tottenham Hale Station. Plans include a new landmark station entrance at Tottenham Hale and significant upgrades to the West Anglia mainline services.
Haringey Council, the Mayor of London, Network Rail, Transport for London and Greater Anglia are working closely together to deliver the improvements.
By 2019 upgrades will be complete and you will enjoy a vastly improved travel experience at the station. Improvements include:
- A new landmark entrance to the station
- Bigger station concourse to reduce crowding and queuing
- Additional platform to accommodate the extra number of passengers using the station
- A new third railway track between Stratford and Angel Road/Meridian Water to enable extra train services and improve reliability
- New lifts, escalators and steps
- Extension of existing footbridge to Hale Village to form a new pedestrian route to the station
- New station shops
Tottenham Hale Bus Station
As part of its work in Tottenham Hale, Argent Related has undertaken to design and deliver a realigned bus station. This is an essential first step in developing the centre of Tottenham Hale. Argent Related will submit a planning application for these changes late 2017/early 2018.
The proposed changes will:
- Allow buses to exit and enter from the north and south, creating a more direct route and thereby reducing bus journey times
- Make the bus station less of a barrier to pedestrian and cyclist movement in Tottenham Hale
- Relieve a major congestion point by widening Watermead Way eastbound to two lanes
- Allow the creation of a more attractive and welcoming space for those coming from the station, keeping the existing structure and canopies
For full information visit talktottenhamhale.co.uk
Transport for London are currently putting together plans to further improve the transport network across London and the wider South East – Crossrail 2.
The proposed railway would run from North East London to South West London and Tottenham Hale is one of the locations being considered for a Crossrail 2 station. To find out more information about Crossrail 2 visit the Crossrail 2 website (external link).