Future High Streets Fund
Future High Streets Fund (FHSF) is a central Government initiative to support and fund local areas’ plans to make their high streets and town centres fit for the future.
Haringey Council was successful in its bid for investment for Tottenham High Road, covering from Bruce Grove to Seven Sisters. The purpose of FHSF funding is to “…renew and reshape Tottenham High Road in a way that improves experience, drives growth and ensures future sustainability”.
Seven core challenges have been identified that the FHSF seeks to respond to:
- Tackling crime to make Tottenham safer
- Safeguarding and adapting the town centre offer
- Defining and reinforcing an identity for Tottenham High Road
- Delivering housing as part of a suitable mixed-use neighbourhood
- Adapting the High Road to be smarter and more connected
- Delivering a healthier High Road
- Supporting the response to the impact of Covid-19