Thank you to everyone who came along to Tottenaham Today on Saturday 9 September at Tottenham Town Hall and Tottenham Green for our annual community get-together (formally the Tottenham Conference). The event ran from 11am to 4pm.
It was a jam packed, fun-filled day featuring a community exhibition, Tottenham walks, Tottenham Talks, regeneration drop-in exhibition, family friendly entertainment and a special Tottenham Green Market.
- Try something new – learn to climb!
- Community exhibition
- Tottenham walks
- Tottenham talks and cinema
- Regeneration drop-in sessions
- Family friendly entertainment
- Street food market
Stronghold is a state of the art climbing centre in Tottenham Hale with the largest bouldering wall in London. We gave 50 lucky residents the chance to learn how to climb for free.
Stronghold instructors ran an introduction to climbing session at 12pm on Saturday 9
September. All ages and abilities took part.
Climbers learnt the basics and then tried out their newly learnt skills on the climbing walls.
This year’s exhibition brought together community groups and businesses working in Tottenham. Information was available on everything from volunteering, to job opportunities and developments underway.
The exhibition ran from 11am-4pm in the Moselle Room and Mayor’s Parlour.
- Tottenham Hotspur
- Tottenham Safer Neighbourhood Team
- Transport for London
- Haringey Council - Economic Development
- The College of Haringey, Enfield and North East London
- Fashion Enter
- Our Tottenham
- Little Flame
- Embrace UK Community Support Center
- Job Centre Plus
- Lee Valley Estates
- Newlon Housing Trust
- Homes for Haringey
- Health Champions - One You
- Tottenham Traders Partnership
- Haringey Adult Learning Service
- Community Safety Champions
- Free childcare - Haringey Council
- Fusion - Tottenham Green Pools and Fitness
- Argent Related
- MLB Learning Solutions
- childcare - Haringey Council
- Tottenham Civic Society and Conservation Society
- Network Rail
1-30pm: History of Brewing in Tottenham Walk – Jason Beazley
Meet at Whitbread’s Brewery (676 High Road, nearest bus stop Tottenham Sports Centre).
Jason led an entertaining and informative walk through Tottenham’s brewing past. From the ‘brew houses’ of the fourteenth century when ale was made from locally grown crops and the water of the Moselle to the modernisation of brewing and proliferation of pubs in the nineteenth century, walkers discovered how this important local industry that has come full circle as once again, Tottenham has been crowned London’s ‘craft-beer capital’.
Local films were shown between 12pm and 3pm at the Bernie Grant Arts Centre Cinema.
- 12pm - Heritage on the High Road Short talk by Bridget Badou-McQuick followed by the film
- Black in Haringey
- Transforming Tottenham
- Tottenham x Teriy
From 12-15pm films will show on continuous rotation.
The community could find out information on what is already underway in Tottenham and the plans for the future in our regeneration exhibition. Updates on local areas and projects delivered were:
- Seven Sisters
- Tottenham Green
- Bruce Grove
- Tottenham Hale
- Heritage restoration
- Haringey Development Vehicle
- Northumberland Park
- Community Safety Champions
- High Road West
- People programme
- Opportunity Investment Fund
Haringey Council staff will be on hand to answer any questions you may have between 11am - 3pm.
Family friendly entertainment took place all day. DJ Sapphire was on the decks and was joined by stilt walkers, live vocalists, a bouncy castle and face painters.
- 11am-4pm DJ Sapphire, free face painting, bouncy castle
- 12pm - 12.15pm Project Vii Dance
- 12.15pm -12.30pm Haingey Vox
- 12.45pm - 1.15pm Fusion Leisure - get physical!
- 1.15pm -1.30pm Live performance from Ayesha Chaieb and Lucia Tilson
- 2pm - 2.30pm Salsa With Sureka
- 2.30pm - 2.45pm Judith and Diego
- 2.45pm - 3pm Jazz Quartet
Tottenham Green Market put on a special one off Street Food Market so you could enjoy Tottenham’s finest produce on both Saturday and Sunday – there were tasty treats galore. Stallholders included:
- Craving Coffee
- Brewheadz Brewery
- Prestigue Patisserie
- Vegan Delice
- Walthamstow Dogs
- The Wrap Game