Rosa, a registered charity, is providing grants of between £500 and £5,000 to women’s sector voluntary and community organisations in the UK to support charitable advocacy work as part of its ‘Voices from the Frontline’ grants programme.
This is the fourth year that Rosa is providing its ‘Voices from the Frontline’ grants programme which offers funding for work across Rosa’s four pillars of leadership and representation, safety, health and economic justice.
This year, grants of between £500 and £5,000 are being made available to pay for increasing the skills, capacity, credibility and effectiveness of women who wish to challenge gender inequality and promote awareness and change.
Grants will be awarded for projects that:
• Stimulate debate and amplify women’s voices
• Raise awareness of one or more of Rosa’s four pillars
• Influence the public, policy makers, media and/or government
• Change behaviours, attitudes or policies
Organisations run predominantly by, for and with women can apply. There is particular interest in proposals from women’s organisations that:
• Address the critical needs of women and girls that miss out the most, including: marginalised populations, BME women, lesbian, bisexual or transgender women and girls, women and girls with disabilities, older women, homeless women, survivors of gender violence, women in prison and ex-offenders, and other underserved and disadvantaged groups of women
• Operate in less economically resilient towns, cities and rural areas within the UK
The funding will support a range of things including:
• Contribution to staff costs or freelance fees to help run workshops with women with lived experience of injustice. Costs of hosting meetings or events, including facilitation costs
• Presentation, media or lobbying training to support campaigning, advocacy or activism
• Travel costs for meetings with power holders such as commissioners, local/national government or the media
• The cost of producing materials such as posters, infographics or videos
• Volunteer costs, including travel and childcare
• Travel costs for a service user and member of staff to speak at an event or national conference
Rosa will be holding a "How to Apply" webinar to help applicants develop their video applications on 30 April 2019 (12.30pm to 13.30pm).
The deadline for grant applications is 14 May 2019 (5pm).
For more information visit http://www.rosauk.org/how-to-apply/voices-from-the-front-line/ (external link)