LIFT is seeking some fabulous Tottenham local residents to support them in ensuring they engage as many locals as possible with their festival both at the Bernie Grant Arts Centre and across London.
About LIFT Tottenham
In 2015 LIFT began to hang out in Tottenham, meeting and working with the vibrant, diverse and talented local community on cultural adventures. They offer cultural opportunities to the community and help grow the local arts ecology through artist development, peer support and inspiring and being inspired by young people.
In 2018 LIFT is presenting 3 Tottenham Originals – Nightwalks With Teenagers, SESSION and Small Wonders. Each performance has been created in collaboration with local artists and residents to tell stories that are international but also very local. More information can be found at liftfestival.com (external link).
About the ‘Tottenham Connector’ role
The Tottenham Connectors will act as a link between LIFT and the Tottenham community. They want to make sure their work in Tottenham is always relevant and having a positive impact on all involved. They want to learn from the LIFT 2018 Festival to ensure theTottenham Originals in 2020 are even better and
even more accessible to people in the area.
The Tottenham Connectors will:
- Get an inside view of the Tottenham Originals
- Help LIFT to understand what is working and what we can improve
- Talk to their local community about the Tottenham Originals and gather the opinion of others
- Gain skills and knowledge about how to develop audiences for performances from LIFT’s expert consultant, Bid Mosaku
- Invite groups and individuals to attend LIFT Tottenham performance
- Keep a record of the conversations and feedback from everyone they talk to
- Meet with the other Connectors to discuss and feed back
- Gather evaluation from audiences in the form of conversations, paper and online surveys
- Gather evaluation from people who do not attend performances as to why
They are looking for a very particular type of person to take up this role. It requires sensitivity and confidence to be able to create a positive connection between LIFT and residents.
Please apply if you are:
- Interested in and passionate about cultural events and LIFT Tottenham’s vision
- Outgoing and able to talk to a wide range of people
- Well connected within your community
- Well organised and able to keep records of important aspects of conversations
- Able to commit at least 5 hours per week to the work between now and mid July
The role is paid at a freelance rate of £10.20 per hour (London Living Wage) and we anticipate requiring between 5 and 10 hours of your time per week (see schedule below). Some of this time will be required during office hours and some outside of office hours.
- 8 June – Deadline for ‘Expressions of interest’ (a very short series of questions about you)
- 10 June - Initial meeting and viewing of SESSION rehearsal
- Week of 11 June - Making connections within your community
- Week of 18 June - Confirming audiences for performances of SESSION (performances 22 & 23 June)
- Week of 25 June – SESSION performances on 26, 27, 29 & 30 June
- Week of 2 July – Gathering feedback and following up
- Week of 9 July – All Tottenham Connectors connecting to compare and round off evaluation
Expression of interest
If you would like to be one of our very first Tottenham Connectors please send back the following information via email to email@example.com
- Your full name
- Email and phone number
- Website and social media (if any)
- Your gender
- Your age
- Your ethnicity
- Your connection to Tottenham (do you live and or work in Tottenham?)
- Tell us a bit about you and what you do
- Why do you want to be a Tottenham Connector?
- Is there something in particular you could bring to the role?
- Are you available for our first introduction on Sunday 10 June? If so what time?
- Anything else you’d like to tell us?